Zesty Chicken and Rice Skillet
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet dish over medium-high heat. Cook chicken 4 minutes per side until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and keep warm. Reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Stir in garlic; cook, stirring, 30 seconds until fragrant. Stir in soup, water, lemon juice, pepper (optional) and Italian seasoning; bring to a simmer, stirring often. Stir in rice. Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
- Top with spinach and half of the tomatoes. Cook, covered, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes until spinach is wilted and rice is tender. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, for 2 minutes, until liquid is absorbed.
- Top rice mixture with chicken and sprinkle with remaining tomatoes.
- Top with chopped fresh parsley, if desired.
- Dont like spinach? Use thinly sliced peppers, carrots or mushrooms!
- Feel free to top this dish with a zesty italian dressing or dijon mustard.
- This dish can also be prepared using chicken thighs.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL'S® Condensed Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Soup
I finally got to make this recipe that I first saw on a commercial. I found the recipe on the Campbell's site and was extremely excited. I'm not one much for spinach but let me tell you that it was very yummy. My cousin loved the dish! next time I make it I'm going to add mushrooms as we are huge fans. it was very flavorful and had a wee kick to it. It was a quick dish to make.
Nicole R. | January 30, 2018
Perfect, quick and nutritious weeknight supper!
This meal was so simple to make and my kids loved it - and even asked to have it on regular rotation! I didn’t have spinach, so I substituted carrots and at the end I added some grated mozzarella. So, so good.
Tiffany L. | January 12, 2018
This is an absolutely delicious meal but the topper is how beautiful this meal presents. It is so colourful. Tasty tasty tasty. I would highly recommend this to friends in fact I’ve given my family copies of the recipe. This is so easy and so delicious.
Danny S. | October 3, 2017
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox