Cheesy Beef Lasagna
Products you'll need:
CAMPBELL’S® No Salt Added Ready to Use Beef BrothYou select your ingredients with care. Select your broth the same way.
•No Salt Added - With 40 mg of sodium per 150 mL serving occurring naturally, it has 93% less sodium than our regular Ready To Use Beef Broth
•No artificial colours or flavours
•Prepared in Canada
•Seasoned to perfection for a rich, authentic beef flavor
•Campbell’s® - #1 selling broth in Canada!
VIEW FULL PRODUCT INFORMATION (opens a new window)
CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Tomato with Basil and Oregano SoupAn iconic Canadian classic and the perfect cooking ingredient for Simple To Make, Easy To Love meal solutions:
•Packed with the bold tomato flavour you love without any artificial colours or flavours
•Seasoned with basil and just a hint of oregano
•Full serving of vegetables VIEW FULL PRODUCT INFORMATION (opens a new window)
- 2 tsp (10 mL) olive oil
- 2 cups (500 mL) onion, chopped
- 2 cups (500 mL) mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 lb (1.36 kg) lean ground beef
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chili powder
- 3 cans CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Tomato with Basil and Oregano Soup
- 3 cups (750 mL) CAMPBELL’S® No Salt Added Ready to Use Beef Broth
- 4 cups (1 L) light ricotta cheese
- 3 cups (750 mL) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup (250 mL) Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 eggs
- 12 oven ready lasagna noodles (uncooked)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) black pepper
- Heat oil in a large stock pot over medium heat. Add the onions and mushrooms and sauté for 5 minutes until the vegetables caramelize.
- Add the garlic and ground beef and continue to sauté for another 5 minutes or until the beef is well browned. Add the chili powder and continue to sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the soup and cook for 5 minutes. Add broth and continue to cook for 10 minutes or until the meat is cooked. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl,combine ricotta cheese,half of the mozzarella cheese,eggs and black pepper. Mix Well.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spread 2 cups of the meat sauce in the bottom of a 9” x 13” pan. Layer 4 lasagna noodles on top,overlapping noodles slightly to cover the bottom.
- Spread half of the cheese mixture over noodles. Layer with 2 ½ cups of meat sauce and 4 lasagna noodles.
- Spread the remaining cheese mixture on top of the second layer of noodles,layer with 2 ½ cups of meat sauce and 4 lasagna noodles.
- Spread the remaining meat sauce on lasagna noodles,top with parmesan cheese and remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes at 375°F.
- Uncover and continue to bake for 15 minutes until the top is golden and bubbly. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||2 g|
- Excellent source of calcium
- Source of fiber
- Source of protein
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox