Cheesy Beef Skillet Dinner
Products you'll need:
CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Low Fat Cream of Mushroom SoupAn iconic Canadian classic and the perfect cooking ingredient for Simple To Make, Easy To Love meal solutions:
•A delicious blend of fresh mushrooms and real cream make it delicious
•Low in fat
•Rich in Vitamin D
VIEW FULL PRODUCT INFORMATION (opens a new window)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1 lb (454 g) lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) steak spice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups (500 mL) button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can tomatoes, diced
- 1 can CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Low Fat Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon-style mustard
- 2 cups (500 mL) elbow macaroni, cooked to al dente and drained
- 3 cups (750 mL) aged Cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) green onion, chopped
- Heat oil in a large,nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat. Crumble in ground beef; season with steak spice. Cook,breaking up into small pieces,for 5 to 7 minutes or until browned. Add onion,green pepper and mushrooms. Cook,stirring occasionally,for 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Stir in tomatoes,soup and mustard. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in cooked macaroni and 1 cup (250 mL) cheese until well combined.
- Sprinkle the top with remaining cheese and green onion. Cover and remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Bump up the fibre in this recipe and stir in cooked whole grain macaroni
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||3 g|
- One serving of vegetables
- Excellent source of calcium
- Source of fibre
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox