Cheesy Chicken Quesadillas
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add onion, red pepper, and chili powder. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until starting to brown. Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in soup and salsa.
- Cook, stirring often, for 3-5 minutes or until peppers are tender-crisp. Stir in chicken; cook 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat, stir in green onions and cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Spread one quarter of the chicken filling over half of a tortilla; fold tortilla over to enclose filling. Repeat with remaining filling and tortillas.
- Set a clean non-stick pan over medium heat; coat in non-stick cooking spray. Toast quesadillas, in batches, for 2-3 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Carefully remove from pan and rest 1-2 minutes; cut each quesadilla into wedges. Serve immediately with additional salsa and sour cream.
- For quesadillas with some bite, add a few dashes of hot sauce or cayenne pepper with the soup and salsa.
- Use leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken for a speedy weeknight recipe or dish.
- Feel free to experiment with cheese. We recommend monterey jack cheese!
Recipe Made With
PACE® Chunky Mild Salsa
CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup
Did you make this?
I buy a pre-made roast chicken and then double the rest of the ingredients. My family and grand kids love this recipe!
Shelley S. | August 29, 2017
Was this helpful?(2Thumbs Up) (0Thumbs Down)
Easy and Delicious
Super easy to make, especially when you use rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. My crew of 4 teens and my husband all loved these!
Nancy F. | March 10, 2019
Easy to make and everybody liked it
Dwain T. | January 16, 2019
Store bought roast chicken made this quick and delicious! Husband and I loved this!
Laurie D. | November 10, 2018
A hit with my kids!!
Both my boys loved this, and my oldest son whose 10 said it was the best meal he ever had in his life! Lol.
Amanda B. | August 21, 2017
By submitting, I agree to the terms and conditions.
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox
Stay inspired with easy and delicious
meal ideas wherever you are