Cheesy Mushroom Arancini
Products you'll need:
- 1 ounce (28 g) dried wild mushrooms
- 1 cup (250 mL) boiling water
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup (250 mL) arborio rice
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dry white wine (optional)
- 1 carton (900 mL) CAMPBELL’S ® Ready To Use Mushroom Broth
- 1 cup (250 mL) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) parsley, minced
- 9 mini bocconcini cheese
- 2 egg, beaten
- 1 cup (250 mL) panko breadcrumbs
- Garnishes: lemon wedge, spicy marinara sauce
- Soak mushrooms in boiling water for 20 minutes. Strain; set mushrooms aside and reserve soaking liquid.
- In a large skillet, melt butter and oil over medium high heat. Stir in shallots and garlic; cook one minute. Stir in rice until all the grains are coated in the butter oil mixture and become toasted, about 2 minutes.
- Pour in wine (if using, if not, replace with an equal amount of the broth), scraping any brown bits from the pan and cook until almost all the liquid has absorbed. Stir in the soaking liquid and ½ cup (125 mL) of broth, continue stirring, until most of the liquid has been absorbed before adding the rest of the broth, ½ cup (125 mL) at a time, until all the broth has been absorbed and the rice is creamy and al dente about 20 minutes. Chop the soaked mushrooms and stir them into the rice with the Parmesan cheese and parsley. Spread onto a baking sheet to cool quickly. Let sit for 15 minutes while you prepare the crumb coating and cheese filling.
- Slice the bococcini in half. Put the eggs and panko crumbs each in their own shallow dish. Roll the rice mixture into a ball and using your thumb, place a piece of cheese into the center and cover up so that its in the inside. Repeat with remaining rice and boconccini. Dip each in the egg mixture and then roll in the crumbs to coat evenly.
- Fill a large deep saucepan with oil until it reaches 2-inches high. Heat over medium high heat and fry arancini in batches until golden brown, about 3 min. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel-lined tray.
- Serve warm with lemon wedges or spicy marinara sauce.
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||1 g|
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox