Cheesy Mushroom Arancini
Our Cheesy Mushroom Arancini recipe is a tasty addition to a dinner party. These breaded bites combine rice and mushrooms with bocconcini cheese, for a delicious appetizer your diners will love!
- Soak mushrooms in boiling water for 20 minutes. Strain; set mushrooms aside and reserve soaking liquid.
- In a large skillet, melt butter and oil over medium high heat. Stir in shallots and garlic; cook one minute. Stir in rice until all the grains are coated in the butter oil mixture and become toasted, about 2 minutes.
- Pour in wine (if using, if not, replace with an equal amount of the broth), scraping any brown bits from the pan and cook until almost all the liquid has absorbed. Stir in the soaking liquid and ½ cup (125 mL) of broth, continue stirring, until most of the liquid has been absorbed before adding the rest of the broth, ½ cup (125 mL) at a time, until all the broth has been absorbed and the rice is creamy and al dente about 20 minutes. Chop the soaked mushrooms and stir them into the rice with the Parmesan cheese and parsley. Spread onto a baking sheet to cool quickly. Let sit for 15 minutes while you prepare the crumb coating and cheese filling.
- Slice the bococcini in half. Put the eggs and panko crumbs each in their own shallow dish. Roll the rice mixture into a ball and using your thumb, place a piece of cheese into the center and cover up so that its in the inside. Repeat with remaining rice and boconccini. Dip each in the egg mixture and then roll in the crumbs to coat evenly.
- Fill a large deep saucepan with oil until it reaches 2-inches high. Heat over medium high heat and fry arancini in batches until golden brown, about 3 min. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel-lined tray.
- Serve warm with lemon wedges or spicy marinara sauce.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S ® Ready To Use Mushroom Broth
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox