Roasted Garlic & Chicken Risotto
Campbell’s Chicken Broth with Roasted Garlic gives this risotto a richness of flavour that will bring you back for seconds.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. In a small bowl mix tomatoes with ¼ tsp each of salt and pepper, balsamic vinegar and 1 tbsp of oil. Place a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Roast for 10-15 minutes or until skin blisters.
- Heat the broth in a pot, hold at a simmer to keep hot, do not let it boil.
- In a large heavy sauté pan, heat 1 tbsp. (30mL) each of olive oil and butter on medium heat and brown the chicken making sure not to over crowd the pan. Sprinkle with ¼ tsp each of salt and pepper, remove from pan and set aside covered.
- Add remaining olive oil and sauté shallots, cook for about 1 minute. Add tomato paste and rice to the pan and fry for 1 minute to coat. Add wine and cook, stirring until wine is absorbed.
- Lower the heat to medium-low and add hot broth, about 1 cup at a time, stir and let simmer until broth is absorbed. Continue adding broth one cup at a time until all broth has been used, stirring with each addition. Rice should be creamy in appearance but still al dente. Remove from heat and stir in remaining butter, parmesan, spinach, chicken, and tomatoes, top with parsley.
- If you like heat, try adding some chili flakes to garnish.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
Recipe Made With
Campbell's® 30% Less Sodium Ready To Use Roasted Garlic Chicken Broth
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox