Chicken Parmigiana Pasta Skillet
Products you'll need:
- 1 lb (454 g) boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 tsp (3 mL) dried Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 each onion, chopped
- 1 each yellow bell pepper or red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can CAMPBELL'S® Condensed Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Soup
- 2 3/4 cups (685 mL) water
- 3 cups (750 mL) uncooked penne pasta
- 2 tsp (10 mL) lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded Italian cheese blend
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) dry bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the broiler.
- Sprinkle the chicken with Italian seasoning and season as desired. Heat the oil in a large deep nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until browned.
- Add the onions, peppers and garlic. Cook and stir for 3 minutes or until the vegetables are slightly softened. Stir in the soup and water; heat to a boil. Stir in the pasta and lemon juice. Reduce the heat to medium. Boil gently, uncovered, stirring often, for 9 minutes.
- Mix the cheeses with the bread crumbs; sprinkle over the mixture in the pan. Broil 2 to 3 minutes or until the cheese is melted and light golden.
- Brighten up this dish with a sprinkle of chopped fresh parsley or basil.
- Save a little money and use boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of breasts
- When cooking pasta in the sauce, if you find the sauce thickening quickly and the pasta is still firm, just add a couple of tablespoons of water to loosen up the sauce and keep cooking until the desired tenderness is reached. If you find the sauce too runny when the pasta is almost done, just turn up the heat to reduce it down more quickly.
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||3 g|
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox