Chorizo Sausage and Rice Stuffing
Products you'll need:
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 10 oz (283 g) sweet or hot chorizo sausage, chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced red onion
- 1 each, green and red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 box CAMPBELL’S® 30% Less Sodium Ready to Use Chicken Broth
- 1 1/3 cups (330 mL) uncooked quick-cook brown rice
- 1 cup (250 mL) drained, canned whole kernel corn
- 10 cups (2.5 L) dry (day old), ½“(1 cm) dice French bread
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- Heat butter in large non-stick skillet at medium heat. Add sausage and onion and cook and stir until onions are soft. Add peppers and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in broth, rice and corn. Heat to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until rice is cooked – about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Toss bread well with egg in large mixing bowl. Stir in mixture from skillet, just to combine.
- Place mixture in shallow 13” x 9” (34 x 22 cm) baking dish, lightly sprayed with cooking oil. Bake, covered, at 400°F (200°C) for 30 minutes.
- Chorizo is a highly seasoned pork sausage; any spicy sausage can be substituted as long as it is fully cooked or smoked. Farmers’ markets in your area are often great sources of varieties that make this dish truly unique.
- Your local bakery may have day-old bread - or dice fresh bread the day before you want to use it and place it in a large bowl covered with a tea towel. Using multi-grain, rye or sourdough bread in place of white bread will give this stuffing a richer, nuttier flavour.
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fibre||3 g|
|Vitamin A||15 %DV|
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox