Cream of Bacon Mac & Cheese with Salsa
Products you'll need:
- 1 mac & cheese
- 1 can CAMPBELL'S® Condensed Cream of Bacon Soup
- 3/4 cup (185 mL) milk
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded old cheddar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh chives
- 3 cups (750 mL) prepared elbow-shaped pasta (about 1 1/2 cups/ 375 mL uncooked).
- 1/4 dry bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 salsa
- 3 medium roma tomatoes, seeded and finely diced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped chives
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped mint
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lime juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) maple syrup
- (Mac & Cheese) Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Grease a 2 qt (1.9 L) baking dish, set aside
- In a large bowl, whisk together soup and milk until smooth. Stir through cheese, chives and cooked elbow pasta to combine. Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine breadcrumbs and melted butter; sprinkle over pasta. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until hot and bubbling.
- (Salsa) In a mixing bowl, combine all salsa ingredients.
- Top baked macaroni and cheese with salsa before serving.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||3 g|
- Good source of calcium
- Source of fiber
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox