Bacon Mac and Cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Grease a 2 qt (1.9 L) baking dish or large baking pot, set aside
- In a large bowl, whisk together cream of bacon soup and milk until smooth. Stir through shredded cheese, chives and cooked elbow macaroni to combine. Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine breadcrumbs and melted butter; sprinkle over pasta. Bake the mac and cheese for 15-20 minutes or until hot and bubbling.
- For even more bacon flavour, add 2 tbsp (30 mL) crumbled, crisply cooked bacon to the cheese sauce.
- Try replacing the elbow pasta with your favourite shape (penne, rigatoni, butterfly, etc.) for a new twist on mac and cheese.
- Looking to spice up your mac n cheese? Try adding cayenne pepper, black pepper, hot sauce, or green onions to this bacon mac and cheese.
- Lastly, feel free to experiment with different cheeses! Try this recipe with white cheddar cheese, cream cheese or Monterrey Jack cheese.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL'S® Condensed Cream of Bacon Soup
Creamy Bacon Mac and Cheese
Just made this tonight for dinner, it was a success! My eight year old loved it, had two servings! I doubled the recipe and baked in two loaf pans. I used a little extra cheese and extra bread crumbs, just personal preference. Next time I will definitely add some real bacon. I think this is a perfect recipe when you're running short on time, simple and quick!
Tracey M. | August 1, 2017
I didn't have the recommended cheese, so I used Walmart's own brand shredded light/medium cheddar, parmesan and mozzarella mix. I used a bit more cheese then the recipe calls for and added extra bacon bits. I will definitely will be making it again and I would recommend it!
Dawn M. | June 24, 2019
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox