Bacon Mac and Cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Grease a 2 qt (1.9 L) baking dish, set aside
- In a large bowl, whisk together soup and milk until smooth. Stir through cheese, chives and cooked elbow pasta to combine. Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine breadcrumbs and melted butter; sprinkle over pasta. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until hot and bubbling.
- For even more bacon flavour, add 2 tbsp (30 mL) crumbled, crisply cooked bacon to the cheese sauce.
- Try replacing the elbow pasta with your favourite shape (penne, rigatoni, butterfly, etc.) for a new twist on mac and cheese.
- Looking to spice up your mac n cheese? Try adding cayenne pepper, black pepper, hot sauce, or green onions to this recipe.
- Lastly, feel free to experiment with different cheeses! Try this recipe with sharp cheddar or cream cheese.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL'S® Condensed Cream of Bacon Soup
Creamy Bacon Mac and Cheese
Just made this tonight for dinner, it was a success! My eight year old loved it, had two servings! I doubled the recipe and baked in two loaf pans. I used a little extra cheese and extra bread crumbs, just personal preference. Next time I will definitely add some real bacon. I think this is a perfect recipe when you're running short on time, simple and quick!
Tracey M. | August 1, 2017
Could Use Some Tinkering
When making this double the sauce recipe (or half the amount of macaroni) and add more than just a single cup of cheese. Pasta absorbs liquid very easily, and the whole thing ended up a little dry and a little bland. I would also recommend adding spices, smoked paprika is a favorite of mine for this kid of dish.
Lyndi L. | February 1, 2019
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox