Creamy Tomato Hot and Sour Soup
Products you'll need:
CAMPBELL'S® No Salt Added Ready to Use Vegetable BrothYou select your ingredients with care. Select your broth the same way.
•No Salt Added - With 40 mg of sodium per serving occurring naturally, it has 96% less sodium than our regular Ready To Use Vegetable Broth
•No artificial colours or flavours
•Seasoned to perfection for a rich, authentic vegetable flavor
•Prepared in Canada
•Campbell’s® - #1 selling broth in Canada! VIEW FULL PRODUCT INFORMATION (opens a new window)
- 1 can CAMPBELL'S® Ready to Serve Creamy Tomato Soup
- 2 cups (500 mL) CAMPBELL'S® No Salt Added Ready to Use Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 can bamboo shoots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) firm tofu cut in 1/4" (0.6 cm) slices
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 2 tsp (10 mL) ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) tamari soy sauce
- 2 tsp (10 mL) sambal oelek
- 2 tsp (10 mL) brown sugar
- 4 medium green onions, sliced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) black pepper
- 2 eggs
- In a large pot, combine Creamy Tomato Soup and Vegetable Broth.
- Add in shiitake mushrooms, bamboo shoots, tofu, garlic, ginger, balsamic and rice vinegars, sambal oelek, tamari soy sauce, brown sugar, green onions and black pepper.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce and simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, lightly beat 2 eggs.
- While stirring the soup, gently pour in beaten eggs, rotating the bowl while you pour.
- Garnish with sesame oil, enoki mushroom and crumbled fortune cookie.
- If bamboo shoots are unavailable, use hearts of palm.
- A generous amount of black pepper added to the soup while boiling will help increase spice.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||3 g|
- Source of calcium
- Source of fiber
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox