Creamy Tomato Hot and Sour Soup
Products you'll need:
CAMPBELL'S® No Salt Added Ready to Use Vegetable BrothYou select your ingredients with care. Select your broth the same way.
•No Salt Added - With 40 mg of sodium per serving occurring naturally, it has 96% less sodium than our regular Ready To Use Vegetable Broth
•No artificial colours or flavours
•Seasoned to perfection for a rich, authentic vegetable flavor
•Prepared in Canada
•Campbell’s® - #1 selling broth in Canada! VIEW FULL PRODUCT INFORMATION (opens a new window)
- 1 can CAMPBELL'S® Ready to Serve Creamy Tomato Soup
- 2 cups (500 mL) CAMPBELL'S® No Salt Added Ready to Use Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 can bamboo shoots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) firm tofu cut in 1/4" (0.6 cm) slices
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 2 tsp (10 mL) ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) tamari soy sauce
- 2 tsp (10 mL) sambal oelek
- 2 tsp (10 mL) brown sugar
- 4 medium green onions, sliced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) black pepper
- 2 eggs
- In a large pot, combine Creamy Tomato Soup and Vegetable Broth.
- Add in shiitake mushrooms, bamboo shoots, tofu, garlic, ginger, balsamic and rice vinegars, sambal oelek, tamari soy sauce, brown sugar, green onions and black pepper.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce and simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, lightly beat 2 eggs.
- While stirring the soup, gently pour in beaten eggs, rotating the bowl while you pour.
- Garnish with sesame oil, enoki mushroom and crumbled fortune cookie.
- If bamboo shoots are unavailable, use hearts of palm.
- A generous amount of black pepper added to the soup while boiling will help increase spice.
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||3 g|
- Source of calcium
- Source of fibre
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox