Easy Chicken Paella
- Heat water to a boil in saucepan. Remove from heat,stir in rice. Cover and set aside.
- Brown chicken and sausage well in heated oil in large non-stick skillet at medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Remove sausages,cut into chunks and return to skillet. Add onion,garlic and bay leaf. Cook and stir for 3 minutes. Reduce heat.
- Stir in soup and rice mixture. Simmer,covered for 10 minutes.
- Add shrimp,green pepper,peas and pepper sauce. Simmer until shrimps are cooked – about 5 minutes – stirring occasionally. Remove bay leaf and serve immediately.
- Traditional paella is named after the large,shallow,two-handled pan in which it is prepared and served. To lighten up on the salt,this newer alternative replaces chorizo sausage with breakfast sausage.
- Shrimp is at its best when freshly cooked and can quickly lose tenderness if overcooked. Added at the last step of this recipe,it is cooked until pink and opaque throughout (no longer translucent) and then ideally served right away!
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Tomato with Basil and Oregano Soup
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox