Easy Low-Sodium Chicken Risotto
Products you'll need:
- 4 tsp (20 mL) canola oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast (about 1 lb/454 g), cubed
- 1 pinch black pepper (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Italian risotto rice (such as Arborio)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (284 mL) CAMPBELL'S® Condensed No Salt Added Cream of Chicken Soup
- 3 cups (750 mL) water
- 4 tsp (20 mL) each lemon juice and chopped fresh oregano (or ½ tsp/3 mL dried oregano)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups (500 mL) trimmed snow peas, halved
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- Heat half of the oil in nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with pepper, if using. Cook chicken, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes until lightly browned. Transfer to plate. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add remaining oil, rice and garlic to pan; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in soup, water, lemon juice, oregano and Worcestershire sauce. Cook, stirring vigorously, until boiling. Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, over medium-low heat for 12 minutes.
- Add snow peas; cook, covered, 5 minutes until liquid is almost evaporated and rice is tender but still slightly firm. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Trim and halve the snow peas and chop the parsley while the risotto is simmering to save on prep time!
- Using a no-salt added soup helps you control the sodium in your recipe. Season with salt to taste, and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- You can switch up the herbs however you like. Try swapping the oregano with fresh thyme or tarragon, or replacing it with a handful of fresh basil, finely chopped.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||4 g|
- One serving of vegetables
- Excellent Source of fiber
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox