Easy Skillet Chicken Parmesan
- Heat broiler to high. In a large, ovenproof non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Season chicken all over with salt and pepper to taste. Cook chicken for 3-5 minutes per side or until golden brown; transfer to a plate.
- Stir soup and broth into the same skillet; bring to a simmer. Return chicken to skillet and cover with sauce. Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook for 6-8 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Toss mozzarella cheese with Parmesan cheese; sprinkle over chicken. Broil for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden. Sprinkle with fresh parsley just before serving.
- Serve over cooked pasta or creamy polenta with a Caesar salad on the side.
- For a quick weeknight tip, skip the broiler and simply cover the skillet for 2-3 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Looking to make the ultimate comfort food? Try topping this dish with marinara sauce, a meaty spaghetti sauce, or a generous heaping of bread crumbs.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S® 30% Less Sodium Ready to Use Chicken Broth
CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Tomato with Basil and Oregano Soup
Did you make this?
Great for all ages
Followed as written, except only used thin cheddar slices, instead of mozza & parm. I also served over white rice. My family devoured it and asked for more. Delicious!
Jessica S. | January 31, 2018
Was this helpful?(4Thumbs Up) (0Thumbs Down)
I'm a vegetarian so I made this recipe for my husband. I followed the directions exactly as written, only thing different I did was I added minced garlic in the sauce, and my husband loved this recipe! I would definitely make this again!
Mandeep P. | September 13, 2017
Was this helpful?(1Thumbs Up) (0Thumbs Down)
We enjoyed this so much. My son, who is the worlds pickiest eater, turned his nose up at first, but after trying it said he would eat it again. That’s a huge win in my house. I will be making it again soon.
Jeanette M. | May 27, 2020
Chicken in tomato sauce with no breading or noodles?
This needs to be breaded to be close to Chicken Parmesan. This is just chicken fried with soup. It also needs noodles. You could throw the noodles into the pan with the sauce and cook them that way before adding the chicken. Overall I think this might be an okay recipe, but it's about as close to Chicken Parmesan as any other random pasta dish that has tomatoes and chicken.
Terrance M. | May 21, 2020
My Family loved this recipe. It was really easy and fast to make.
Chelsea M. | January 14, 2020
By submitting, I agree to the terms and conditions.
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox
Stay inspired with easy and delicious
meal ideas wherever you are