Easy Skillet Chicken Parmesan
- Heat broiler to high. In a large, ovenproof non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Season chicken all over with salt and pepper to taste. Cook chicken for 3-5 minutes per side or until golden brown; transfer to a plate.
- Stir soup and broth into the same skillet; bring to a simmer. Return chicken to skillet and cover with sauce. Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook for 6-8 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Toss mozzarella cheese with Parmesan cheese; sprinkle over chicken. Broil for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden. Sprinkle with fresh parsley just before serving.
- Serve over cooked pasta or creamy polenta with a Caesar salad on the side.
- For a quick weeknight tip, skip the broiler and simply cover the skillet for 2-3 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Looking to make the ultimate comfort food? Try topping this dish with marinara sauce, a meaty spaghetti sauce, or a generous heaping of bread crumbs.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S® 30% Less Sodium Ready to Use Chicken Broth
CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Tomato with Basil and Oregano Soup
I'm a vegetarian so I made this recipe for my husband. I followed the directions exactly as written, only thing different I did was I added minced garlic in the sauce, and my husband loved this recipe! I would definitely make this again!
Mandeep P. | September 13, 2017
Chicken in tomato sauce with no breading or noodles?
This needs to be breaded to be close to Chicken Parmesan. This is just chicken fried with soup. It also needs noodles. You could throw the noodles into the pan with the sauce and cook them that way before adding the chicken. Overall I think this might be an okay recipe, but it's about as close to Chicken Parmesan as any other random pasta dish that has tomatoes and chicken.
Terrance M. | May 21, 2020
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox