Farro Caprese Salad
Products you'll need:
- 1 cup (250 mL) farro
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) CAMPBELL’S® 30% Less Sodium Ready to Use Chicken Broth
- 2 lb (908 g) cherry tomatoes (or grape, plum)
- 2 tsp (10 mL) olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fresh basil leaves, chiffonade
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pine nuts, toasted
- 8 oz (226 g) fresh burrata cheese
- Flaky sea salt to taste
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Bring 2 1/2 cups of Campbell’s broth to a boil in a pot with a tight-fitting lid. Add 1 cup farro. Cover,reduce heat to low,and simmer for 30 minutes until soft and chewy to the taste. Drain excess liquid. Set aside.
- Depending on choice of tomato,halve or quarter into bite sized pieces. Combine tomatoes,olive oil,basil,and garlic in a large bowl and marinate for the remaining cooking time of the farro. Stir in cooked grains,pine nuts,and torn pieces of burrata. Add sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste.
- Notes: Pairs well with grilled octopus,halibut or sole. If pairing with shrimp (tail-on),marinate in olive oil and garlic before grilling
- Tips: Investing in Maldon Sea Salt will serve this dish well as the flaky salt takes the tomatoes to the next level of flavour.
- When large heirloom variety tomatoes become available in late August,substitute for listed tomatoes. To prepare an heirloom tomato: remove core with a very sharp paring knife. With a serrated knife,slice the tomatoes in 1 mm segments parallel to the core.
- Grain Substitution: Pearl barley is a suitable grain alternative as is pasta like couscous or orzo.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Saturated Fat||28 g|
|Dietary Fibre||4 g|
- One serving of vegetables
- Excellent source of calcium
- Source of fiber
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox