Fish Stew (Cotriade)
Our Fish Stew (Cotriade) Recipe makes a dish fit for seafood lovers. With white fish and mussels in the spotlight, you'll have a bowl full of flavour for dinner!
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, melt butter over medium high heat. Stir in the onions, shallot, garlic, celery, leek and fennel. Season with salt and pepper and cook just until the vegetables have softened, about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the wine (if using) and let reduce by half. Stir in the broth, bay leaves, thyme and parsley and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and add the potatoes; cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the fish and cook for 10 minutes, or until almost cooked through. Add the cleaned mussels and cover until the mussels have opened, about 2 to 4 minutes.
- Discard any closed mussels and stir everything together. Sprinkle fronds over top. Serve immediately with lemon wedges and crusty bread.
- Also delicious with CAMPBELLS® Ready to Use Chicken Broth.
- Replace bay leaves, thyme and parsley with a simple bouquet garni. Arrange 2 sprigs each of flat leaf parlsey, thyme and rosemary with one fresh or dried bay leaf in cheesecloth and tie with kitchen twine. Remove the pouch before serving.
Did you make this?
By submitting, I agree to the terms and conditions.
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox
Stay inspired with easy and delicious
meal ideas wherever you are