Goat Cheese Balls with Pistachio and Dried Cherries
Adding chicken or vegetable broth to the shallots and cherry mixture provide more flavour and great texture to these simple no cook appetizers and provides a unique twist on a classic cheese ball.
- In skillet, melt butter over medium high heat. Cook shallots until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in cherries and broth and cook until most of the liquid has been absorbed, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and let cool. Add lemon and parsley. Stir in goat cheese until blended.
- Using two teaspoons or a melon baller, shape into balls. Place pistachios in shallow dish and roll cheese, pressing gently to coat cheese in nuts.
- Make Ahead: These can be made and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Variation: Chevre, Pistachio and Dried Cranberry Truffles - Substitute the lemon zest for orange zest and dried cranberries for the cherries for a holiday twist.
- Per serving (1 truffle): 70 Calories, 5g Fat, 55mg Sodium, 3g Carbohydrate, 1g Dietary Fibre, 3g Protein, 2% Daily Value Calcium
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S® Ready to Use Vegetable Broth
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox