Harvest Vegetable Bake with Walnut Parmesan Topping
- Combine Parmesan cheese,walnuts and 1½ tbsp (20 mL) butter. Set aside.
- Mix potatoes,squash,celery root and leeks in large bowl.
- Heat broth,cream,flour,1 tbsp (15 mL) butter,thyme,nutmeg and pepper to a boil in a 2 qt (2 L) saucepan at medium,stirring constantly until mixture thickens. Simmer for 2 minutes,stirring often.
- Pour broth mixture over vegetables and toss to coat. Turn into shallow 2 qt (2 L) baking dish,brushed with remaining butter.
- Bake,uncovered,for 25 minutes at 400°F (200°C).
- Sprinkle with Parmesan mixture. Reduce temperature to 350°F (160°C) and bake for 40 minutes more or until golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes.
Walnuts are not just for desserts…crunchy,chopped walnuts are also a great topping to have on hand for sprinkling onto casseroles,open-face sandwiches,grilled vegetables and green salads.
Did you make this?
By submitting, I agree to the terms and conditions.
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox
Stay inspired with easy and delicious
meal ideas wherever you are