Harvest Vegetable Bake with Walnut Parmesan Topping
Products you'll need:
CAMPBELL’S® Ready to Use Vegetable BrothYou select your ingredients with care. Select your broth the same way.
•No artificial colours or flavours
•Prepared in Canada
•Seasoned to perfection for a rich, authentic vegetable flavor
•Campbell’s® - #1 selling broth in Canada!
VIEW FULL PRODUCT INFORMATION (opens a new window) Buy Now
- 3/4 cup (185 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup (185 mL) finely chopped Walnuts
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) butter, melted
- 4 cups (1 L) unpeeled, thinly sliced red potato pieces
- 4 cups (1 L) peeled, thinly sliced butternut squash pieces
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) peeled, thinly sliced celery root (celeriac) pieces – about 1/2 bulb
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) thinly sliced, well washed leeks – white part only
- 2 cups (500 mL) CAMPBELL’S® Ready to Use Vegetable Broth
- 3/4 cup (185 mL) 35% cream
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp (3 mL) ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground black pepper
- Combine Parmesan cheese,walnuts and 1½ tbsp (20 mL) butter. Set aside.
- Mix potatoes,squash,celery root and leeks in large bowl.
- Heat broth,cream,flour,1 tbsp (15 mL) butter,thyme,nutmeg and pepper to a boil in a 2 qt (2 L) saucepan at medium,stirring constantly until mixture thickens. Simmer for 2 minutes,stirring often.
- Pour broth mixture over vegetables and toss to coat. Turn into shallow 2 qt (2 L) baking dish,brushed with remaining butter.
- Bake,uncovered,for 25 minutes at 400°F (200°C).
- Sprinkle with Parmesan mixture. Reduce temperature to 350°F (160°C) and bake for 40 minutes more or until golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes.
Walnuts are not just for desserts…crunchy,chopped walnuts are also a great topping to have on hand for sprinkling onto casseroles,open-face sandwiches,grilled vegetables and green salads.
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Dietary Fibre||4 g|
|Vitamin A||70 %DV|
- Good source of calcium
- Source of fibre
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox