Harvest Vegetable Ragout
Products you'll need:
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 10 garlic cloves, smashed with the flat side of a knife
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) tomato paste
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp (5 mL) black pepper, ground
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cinnamon
- 2 1/2 lb (1.14 kg) butternut squash, peeled, seeded and diced into large chunks
- 3 parsnips, peeled, diagonally sliced
- 3 carrots, peeled, diagonally sliced
- 1/2 carton (240 mL) CAMPBELL’S Stock First ® Chicken stock
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sherry
- 1 cup (250 mL) kale, coarsely chopped
- Warm oil in large heavy bottom ovenproof saucepan or Dutch oven, over medium-high heat and sauté onion and celery until soft, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic, tomato paste and spices and sauté 1 minute more.
- Add squash, parsnips, carrots, except kale, and cover with stock, lemon juice and sherry. Bring to a boil, cover, and transfer to a 325°F (170°C) oven for 90 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir in kale and serve.
- You may substitute any slightly bitter green, like watercress or curly endive, instead of kale.
- This recipe works beautifully with almost any squash, try it with what you have available!
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||8 g|
- Three servings of vegetables
- Source of calcium
- Source of fibre
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox