Herb Roasted Turkey & Pan Gravy
Products you'll need:
CAMPBELL’S® 30% Less Sodium Ready to Use Chicken BrothVIEW FULL PRODUCT INFORMATION (opens a new window)
CAMPBELL’S® Ready to Use Chicken BrothYou select your ingredients with care. Select your broth the same way.
- No artificial colours or flavours
- Prepared in Canada
- Fat free
- Seasoned to perfection for a rich, authentic chicken flavor
- Campbell's - #1 selling broth in Canada! VIEW FULL PRODUCT INFORMATION (opens a new window)
- 1 carton CAMPBELL’S® Ready to Use Chicken Broth
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried basil leaves, crushed
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1/8 tsp (1 mL) ground black pepper
- 1 turkey
- 1 carton CAMPBELL’S® 30% Less Sodium Ready to Use Chicken Broth
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) all-purpose flour
- Mix stock or broth with lemon juice, basil, thyme and black pepper to create basting mixture.
- Roast turkey according to package directions (until internal temperature of turkey reaches 180°F / 82°C), basting occasionally with basting mixture.
- Once cooked, remove turkey from roasting pan and let turkey stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Pour drippings into a saucepan skim off fat leaving around ½ cup of drippings.
- Add remaining stock or broth mixture and flour to drippings in saucepan.
- Heat until mixture boils and thickens, stirring often. Serve with sliced turkey.
- Sauté sliced mushrooms in butter with thyme before adding the pan drippings to make mushroom gravy.
- Replace the dried herbs with 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh herbs, such as thyme and tarragon.
- Double the gravy to have enough to serve with leftover or to make hot turkey sandwiches.
- Reheat turkey without losing flavour by using Campbell's® Ready to Use Chicken Broth. Arrange leftover turkey in a stove top pot and add enough broth to cover the bottom, warm on med-low until heated through.
- If using broth, use 600ml. Given stock is more concentrated flavour, boil basting mixture for 10 minutes (or until reduced slightly) to intensify the flavour.
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Saturated Fat||7.3 g|
- Excellent source of protein
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox