Herb Roasted Turkey & Pan Gravy
- Mix stock or broth with lemon juice, basil, thyme and black pepper to create basting mixture.
- Roast turkey according to package directions (until internal temperature of turkey reaches 180°F / 82°C), basting occasionally with basting mixture.
- Once cooked, remove turkey from roasting pan and let turkey stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Pour drippings into a saucepan skim off fat leaving around ½ cup of drippings.
- Add remaining stock or broth mixture and flour to drippings in saucepan.
- Heat until mixture boils and thickens, stirring often. Serve with sliced turkey.
- Sauté sliced mushrooms in butter with thyme before adding the pan drippings to make mushroom gravy.
- Replace the dried herbs with 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh herbs, such as thyme and tarragon.
- Double the gravy to have enough to serve with leftover or to make hot turkey sandwiches.
- Reheat turkey without losing flavour by using Campbell's® Ready to Use Chicken Broth. Arrange leftover turkey in a stove top pot and add enough broth to cover the bottom, warm on med-low until heated through.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S® 30% Less Sodium Ready to Use Chicken Broth
CAMPBELL’S® Ready to Use Chicken Broth
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox