Herbed Mixed Mushrooms
Products you'll need:
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 lb (908 g) mixed mushrooms, such as cremini, shiitake (stems removed) and oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 tsp (3 mL) each salt and pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each chopped fresh thyme and rosemary
- 1 can CAMPBELL'S® Condensed Cream of Cremini & Shiitake Mushroomnbsp;(5 %)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) light cream (5 %)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) each lemon juice and chopped fresh parsley
- In large deep skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, half of the mushrooms and the salt and pepper to pan; cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes until mushrooms release their liquid. Add remaining mushrooms to pan; cook 12 minutes until light golden.
- Add garlic, thyme and rosemary to pan. Cook stirring 30 seconds until fragrant. Stir in soup, cream and lemon. Cook, stirring, until boiling; reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.
To make this dish ahead, follow recipe as directed, reserving parsley. Let cool, cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day. Reheat over medium-low heat until hot and thickened. Sprinkle with parsley.
If you cant find any special mushroom varieties, this dish is still delicious made with white button mushrooms.
This dish is also delicious served as a sauce tossed with cooked pasta. Try any leftovers over top of pasta with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||3 g|
- Three servings of vegetables
- Source of fibre
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox