Indonesian Noodles with Shrimp
This Indonesian noodles recipe combines beef broth and shrimp to make something similar to Mie Goreng, but with a twist.
Indonesian Noodles Ingredients
How to Make Indonesian Noodles
- Bring beef broth to boil in a small saucepan over medium high heat. Add noodles and remove from heat and let sit for 3 minutes or until the noodles are tender. Strain them through a colander over a measuring cup to reserve the broth. Return broth to saucepan and cook over medium high heat until broth reduces to 1/2 cup. Let cool slightly and transfer back to the measuring cup.
- Whisk soy sauce, ketchup, garlic chili sauce, and brown sugar into the broth and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp of the vegetable oil over medium high heat. Pour egg into the pan and let cook until just set, and then flip. (Don't worry, it doesn't matter if it breaks!) Let cook for about 1 more minute to set the other side. Transfer the cooked egg to a cutting board and roll up. Slice into 1/4 strips. Set aside.
- In the same pan, heat remaining oil and cook shrimp until golden on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Use tongs to flip the shrimp quickly and pour sauce over. Stir in cabbage and green onion to wilt slightly. Add noodle and egg and stir gently to combine. Serve warm, room temperature, or cold.
- Add oyster sauce, roasted red pepper, bean sprouts, and fried shallots to this dish for a different flavour.
- Garnish with lime if desired.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S® Ready to Use Beef Broth
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox