Kale Chicken Salad
Looking for a new take on the classic chicken salad? Our kale chicken salad recipe is summery, flavourful, and full of colour, with a creamy, crunchy combination of kale and chopped almonds with cream of celery soup and buttermilk (or milk). This salad is perfect as a side dish for a weeknight bbq, or on its own for a quick lunch.
Kale Chicken Salad Ingredients
How to Make Chicken Salad with Kale
- Using a whisk, combine the soup, buttermilk (or milk) and mustard in a bowl.
- Drizzle the dressing over the kale, and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Add the cooked chicken, diced apples, cheddar cheese, chopped almonds and fresh parsley and toss well until evenly coated.
- This salad is super versatile! Mix up the toppings by adding some other veggies or fruit, such as pomegranate, green onions, sliced carrot and chickpeas. Other nuts and dried fruit you can add include walnuts, cashews, pecans and dried cranberries. When it comes to cheese options, try crumbled feta, grated parmesan, or goat cheese.
- Want to mix up the meat? Try adding steak instead of grilled chicken!
Did you make this?
By submitting, I agree to the terms and conditions.
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox
Stay inspired with easy and delicious
meal ideas wherever you are