Products you'll need:
CAMPBELL’S® 30% Less Sodium Ready to Use Beef BrothYou select your ingredients with care. Select your broth the same way.
- Prepared in Canada using only All Natural Flavours
- Seasoned to perfection with a blend of spices for a rich, authentic beef flavor
- 30% less sodium than our regular Ready To Use variety
- Campbell’s® - #1 selling broth in Canada!
CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Tomato with Basil and Oregano SoupAn iconic Canadian classic and the perfect cooking ingredient for Simple To Make, Easy To Love meal solutions:
•Packed with the bold tomato flavour you love without any artificial colours or flavours
•Seasoned with basil and just a hint of oregano
•Full serving of vegetables VIEW FULL PRODUCT INFORMATION (opens a new window)
- 1 lb (454 g) lean ground beef
- 1 box CAMPBELL’S® 30% Less Sodium Ready to Use Beef Broth
- 1 can CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Tomato with Basil and Oregano Soup
- 2 cups (500 mL) water
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp (8 mL) dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1/2 tsp (3 mL) ground black pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced fresh tomato
- 2 cups (500 mL) whole wheat short lasagna-noodle-shaped pasta (mafalda corta)
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) shredded Parmesan cheese
- Spray large heavy-bottomed saucepan or Dutch oven lightly with cooking spray. Brown beef well at medium-high heat.
- Add broth,soup,water,garlic,oregano,pepper and tomato. Heat to a boil,stirring occasionally. Stir in pasta and reduce heat.
- Cover and cook at gentle boil until pasta is tender - about 15 minutes,stirring occasionally. Ladle into soup bowls. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
- If you cannot find mafalda pasta,it can be replaced by any short pasta - rotini,fusilli,bowties or even broken fettuccine or long mafalda.
- Garnishing with a few sprigs of fresh oregano,right before serving,gives this dish an enticing appearance and aroma.
- It is fun to shred Parmesan cheese straight from a block but for extra convenience,buy it preshredded in tubs or replace it with grated Parmesan from a shaker.
Ratings & Reviews
Review by Linda S.
As a variation, pre-cook the noodles (lasagna noodles work well too - just need to slice them up once boiled) and add a other can of soup and omit the water - this adds more flavour to the soup. Can also saut an onion and some celery for more flavour prior to browning the beef.
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox