Products you'll need:
CAMPBELL’S® 30% Less Sodium Ready to Use Beef BrothYou select your ingredients with care. Select your broth the same way.
- Prepared in Canada using only All Natural Flavours
- Seasoned to perfection with a blend of spices for a rich, authentic beef flavor
- 30% less sodium than our regular Ready To Use variety
- Campbell’s® - #1 selling broth in Canada!
CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Tomato with Basil and Oregano SoupAn iconic Canadian classic and the perfect cooking ingredient for Simple To Make, Easy To Love meal solutions:
•Packed with the bold tomato flavour you love without any artificial colours or flavours
•Seasoned with basil and just a hint of oregano
•Full serving of vegetables VIEW FULL PRODUCT INFORMATION (opens a new window)
- 1 lb (454 g) lean ground beef
- 1 box CAMPBELL’S® 30% Less Sodium Ready to Use Beef Broth
- 1 can CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Tomato with Basil and Oregano Soup
- 2 cups (500 mL) water
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp (8 mL) dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1/2 tsp (3 mL) ground black pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced fresh tomato
- 2 cups (500 mL) whole wheat short lasagna-noodle-shaped pasta (mafalda corta)
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) shredded Parmesan cheese
- Spray large heavy-bottomed saucepan or Dutch oven lightly with cooking spray. Brown beef well at medium-high heat.
- Add broth,soup,water,garlic,oregano,pepper and tomato. Heat to a boil,stirring occasionally. Stir in pasta and reduce heat.
- Cover and cook at gentle boil until pasta is tender - about 15 minutes,stirring occasionally. Ladle into soup bowls. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
- If you cannot find mafalda pasta,it can be replaced by any short pasta - rotini,fusilli,bowties or even broken fettuccine or long mafalda.
- Garnishing with a few sprigs of fresh oregano,right before serving,gives this dish an enticing appearance and aroma.
- It is fun to shred Parmesan cheese straight from a block but for extra convenience,buy it preshredded in tubs or replace it with grated Parmesan from a shaker.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||1 g|
- Source of protein
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox