- Spray large heavy-bottomed saucepan or Dutch oven lightly with cooking spray. Brown beef well at medium-high heat.
- Add broth,soup,water,garlic,oregano,pepper and tomato. Heat to a boil,stirring occasionally. Stir in pasta and reduce heat.
- Cover and cook at gentle boil until pasta is tender - about 15 minutes,stirring occasionally. Ladle into soup bowls. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
- If you cannot find mafalda pasta,it can be replaced by any short pasta - rotini,fusilli,bowties or even broken fettuccine or long mafalda.
- Garnishing with a few sprigs of fresh oregano,right before serving,gives this dish an enticing appearance and aroma.
- It is fun to shred Parmesan cheese straight from a block but for extra convenience,buy it preshredded in tubs or replace it with grated Parmesan from a shaker.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S® 30% Less Sodium Ready to Use Beef Broth
CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Tomato with Basil and Oregano Soup
Super easy and filling!
This is a great recipe. I followed the directions exactly but added 1/2 + tsp salt and used fusilli pasta. With some cheesy garlic bread it was perfect for a Friday night meal after work and very quick and easy to make. A keeper!
MJ J. | September 29, 2017
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox