Lentil and Arugula Salad
This Mediterranean-inspired vegetarian summer salad is hearty, flavourful, and easy, made with widely-available ingredients. Serve it as a side dish to please all the lentil, arugula, and avocado-lovers in your family!
Lentil and Arugula Salad Recipe Ingredients
How to Make Lentil and Arugula Salad
- Bring vegetable broth to boil in a small saucepan over medium high heat. Stir in green lentils and cook until most of the liquid has been absorbed and the lentils are tender but not mushy, about 25 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- To make the dressing, whisk together yogurt, curry powder, salt and pepper and spread onto the bottom of a platter.
- Toss lentils with lemon juice, half the olive oil, and cubed avocado. Spoon over top of yogurt mixture and sprinkle with arugula. Drizzle with remaining olive oil and serve.
- Consider adding other veggies such as baby spinach or sliced carrots.
- You can also add cheese, such as feta, goat-cheese, parmesan, or blue-cheese. Finally, garnish with other fresh herbs such as thyme, cilantro or parsley.
Did you make this?
By submitting, I agree to the terms and conditions.
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox
Stay inspired with easy and delicious
meal ideas wherever you are