Low Sodium Beef Barley Soup
A healthy alternative, this low-sodium beef and barley soup recipe is a winner.
- Brown cubed beef with oil heavy bottomed sauce pan or Dutch oven at medium-high heat.
- Stir in carrot, onion, celery and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes
- Add broth, barley and vinegar. Heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook covered for 30 minutes. Served with green onion sprinkled on top.
- Don’t have balsamic vinegar in the house? Substitute 2 tsp (10 ml) red wine vinegar and 1 tsp (5 ml) brown sugar or molasses.
- This recipe works really well with left over roast beef as well!
Did you make this?
Rating by francine
This rating was left without a review.
francine b. | March 17, 2014
Was this helpful?(0Thumbs Up) (0Thumbs Down)
By submitting, I agree to the terms and conditions.
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox
Stay inspired with easy and delicious
meal ideas wherever you are