Low Sodium Hearty Beef & Barley Soup
Products you'll need:
CAMPBELL’S® No Salt Added Ready to Use Beef BrothYou select your ingredients with care. Select your broth the same way.
•No Salt Added - With 40 mg of sodium per 150 mL serving occurring naturally, it has 93% less sodium than our regular Ready To Use Beef Broth
•No artificial colours or flavours
•Prepared in Canada
•Seasoned to perfection for a rich, authentic beef flavor
•Campbell’s® - #1 selling broth in Canada!
VIEW FULL PRODUCT INFORMATION (opens a new window)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 3/4 lb (340 g) grilling steak
- 1 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 box CAMPBELL’S® No Salt Added Ready to Use Beef Broth
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) pot barley
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Brown beef with oil heavy bottomed sauce pan or Dutch oven at medium-high heat.
- Stir in carrot,onion,celery and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add broth,barley and vinegar. Heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook covered for 30 minutes. Served with green onion sprinkled on top.
- Don’t have balsamic vinegar in the house? Substitute 2 tsp (10 ml) red wine vinegar and 1 tsp (5 ml) brown sugar or molasses.
- This recipe works really well with left over roast beef as well!
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||3 g|
- One serving of vegetables
- Source of calcium
- Source of fiber
- Excellent source of protein
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox