Low Sodium Hearty Beef & Barley Soup
Products you'll need:
CAMPBELL’S® No Salt Added Ready to Use Beef BrothYou select your ingredients with care. Select your broth the same way.
•No Salt Added - With 40 mg of sodium per 150 mL serving occurring naturally, it has 93% less sodium than our regular Ready To Use Beef Broth
•No artificial colours or flavours
•Prepared in Canada
•Seasoned to perfection for a rich, authentic beef flavor
•Campbell’s® - #1 selling broth in Canada!
VIEW FULL PRODUCT INFORMATION (opens a new window) Buy Now
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 3/4 lb (340 g) grilling steak
- 1 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 box CAMPBELL’S® No Salt Added Ready to Use Beef Broth
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) pot barley
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Brown beef with oil heavy bottomed sauce pan or Dutch oven at medium-high heat.
- Stir in carrot,onion,celery and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add broth,barley and vinegar. Heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook covered for 30 minutes. Served with green onion sprinkled on top.
- Don’t have balsamic vinegar in the house? Substitute 2 tsp (10 ml) red wine vinegar and 1 tsp (5 ml) brown sugar or molasses.
- This recipe works really well with left over roast beef as well!
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||3 g|
- One serving of vegetables
- Source of calcium
- Source of fibre
- Excellent source of protein
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox