One-Pot Creamy Mushroom and Spinach Orzo
- In a large bowl combine the condensed soup, broth, and Dijon, whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat a large 3-quart sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the oil and onions, sauté for one minute, then add the mushrooms, garlic, salt and pepper and sauté for five minutes until mushrooms are browned and tender. Deglaze the pot with balsamic vinegar, scraping up any brown bits on the bottom. Add the butter, stir until melted, then add the orzo, sauté until lightly toasted, about one minute.
- Stir in the soup mixture, thyme, and lemon zest. Bring to a boil stirring constantly, then reduce heat to medium-low, maintain a simmer and stir often to ensure orzo does not stick to the bottom. Cook for about 8 minutes or until orzo is al dente. Remove from heat, stir in lemon juice and baby spinach, allow to wilt about one minute. Garnish with fresh chives, serve immediately.
- Easily add your favourite protein to this dish. Season your meat to your liking and cut into ¼ thick strips. Begin the recipe by sautéing your protein first in one tablespoon of olive oil for 2-3 minutes per side or until cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside covered. Add your protein back into the pan when you add the spinach at the end.
- Feel free to swap out or add your favourite vegetables too. Try peas, or green beans, just remember if they are frozen or raw to preheat or steam them before adding to the pan.
- Try garnishing with fresh grated parmesan or gruyere for added richness.
- As this dish sits the orzo will continue to absorb any liquid. Reheat leftovers with a couple tablespoons of broth or milk to loosen it up.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL'S® No Salt Added Ready to Use Vegetable Broth
CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Low Fat Cream of Mushroom Soup
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox