One-Pot Tortellini and Meat Sauce
- Cook ground beef in large, nonstick saucepan or deep skillet over medium-high heat, breaking up with spoon, 6 minutes or until no longer pink. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add onion, carrot, green pepper, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper, if using. Cook, stirring for 4 minutes, or until vegetables are softened.
- Add soup, water and tortellini. Cover and simmer 4 minutes; uncover and simmer 3 to 5 minutes until pasta is tender and sauce is thickened. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Replace the extra-lean ground beef with ground chicken or turkey, if desired.
- Cheese lovers in your house? After the pasta is tender, sprinkle 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Mozzarella cheese in with the Parmesan. Cover and let stand until the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
Did you make this?
Family loved it
Made this the other night with my son for the family. I chose to leave out the carrots(I don't feel carrots belong in pasta...lol) The whole family loved it! Very flavourful!
Jodi H. | June 14, 2020
Very quick meal
Great flavour, swapped the ground beef for sausage and took out the green peppers as I don’t like them. Family loved it and said they would eat it again.
Stephanie F. | March 24, 2018
It was good.
Maybe swap out the green peppers for mushrooms to change flavor as the green peppers are quite strong .
Glenna D. | January 8, 2018
By submitting, I agree to the terms and conditions.
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox
Stay inspired with easy and delicious
meal ideas wherever you are