Instant Pot ® Beef & Three Sisters Chili
A trio of squash, corn and beans (otherwise known as the “Three Sisters” of North American agriculture) marry perfectly in this hearty but quick chili. You can make it in an electric pressure cooker or follow our tip for a stove-top version.
- Press the Sauté button on your electric pressure cooker. When its hot, brown the beef and onions, breaking up with a spoon, for 5 minutes. (The beef does not have to be cooked through.)
- Add the garlic and chili powder; cook and stir for 30 seconds. Add black beans, squash, water and lime juice.
- Close and lock lid; turn vent to Seal position. Press Manual button and set cook time to 10 minutes. Let cool to release the pressure (or use the quick release option) and open the pressure cooker as directed. Set to Sauté.
- Stir in the soup, green beans and corn. Cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until hot and bubbling. Season as desired.
- Serve this tasty chili topped with any of your favourite chili toppings, such as sour cream, shredded cheese, diced avocado, lime wedges, chopped cilantro, etc.
- Stove Top Version: Follow the first two steps as directed in saucepan on stove-top at medium-high heat. Stir in the soup; cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes. Add the green beans and corn and cook, stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes or until hot.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL'S® Condensed Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Soup
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox