Pesto Chicken Roll-Ups
Stuffed chicken on a weeknight? Definitely! These cheesy pesto roll-ups are as quick as they are tasty – buying pre-cut scaloppini helps speed up prep – and you’ll love the savoury mushroom gravy that goes alongside. Friday night dinner will never be the same!
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Place the cutlets between two sheets of plastic wrap. Pound them gently with a meat mallet or the bottom of a heavy skillet to flatten them to 1/4-inch thickness. Spread each with 1/2 tablespoon of the pesto; sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons of the cheese. Starting at the narrow end, roll up each cutlet. Secure with toothpicks. Season as desired.
- Heat the oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the chicken roll ups all over for 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer roll-ups to rimmed baking sheet. Bake until cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Let stand at least 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the mushrooms and water to the skillet. Cook, stirring and scraping up any brown bits for 5 minutes or until mushrooms are softened. Stir the soup, milk and lemon juice into the skillet. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until sauce is smooth and thickened. Season as desired.
- Remove the toothpicks from the chicken. Serve the rollups and sauce over the pasta. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Make sure to let the chicken rest for 5 to 10 minutes after it comes out of the oven. The chicken stays juicier and the toothpicks are easier to remove.
- Serve with your favourite green vegetable, such as asparagus, green beans or broccoli.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL'S® Condensed No Salt Added Cream of Mushroom Soup
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox