Pesto Chicken Roll-Ups
Stuffed chicken on a weeknight? Definitely! These cheesy pesto roll-ups are as quick as they are tasty – buying pre-cut scaloppini helps speed up prep – and you’ll love the savoury mushroom gravy that goes alongside. Friday night dinner will never be the same!
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Place the cutlets between two sheets of plastic wrap. Pound them gently with a meat mallet or the bottom of a heavy skillet to flatten them to 1/4-inch thickness. Spread each with 1/2 tablespoon of the pesto; sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons of the cheese. Starting at the narrow end, roll up each cutlet. Secure with toothpicks. Season as desired.
- Heat the oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the chicken roll ups all over for 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer roll-ups to rimmed baking sheet. Bake until cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Let stand at least 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the mushrooms and water to the skillet. Cook, stirring and scraping up any brown bits for 5 minutes or until mushrooms are softened. Stir the soup, milk and lemon juice into the skillet. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until sauce is smooth and thickened. Season as desired.
- Remove the toothpicks from the chicken. Serve the rollups and sauce over the pasta. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Make sure to let the chicken rest for 5 to 10 minutes after it comes out of the oven. The chicken stays juicier and the toothpicks are easier to remove.
- Serve with your favourite green vegetable, such as asparagus, green beans or broccoli.
Did you make this?
By submitting, I agree to the terms and conditions.
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox
Stay inspired with easy and delicious
meal ideas wherever you are