Pumpkin Oven Risotto with Sage
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Melt half the butter in an ovenproof Dutch oven or large saucepan (4.2 qt/ 4 L) set over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until softened.
- Add rice and sage; cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute or until well coated. Pour in the wine; cook for 1 minute. Add 3 1/2 cups (875 mL) broth, 1 cup pumpkin purée, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Bring to a boil. Cover and transfer to the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the rice is tender. Stir in the Parmesan cheese, the remaining pumpkin purée, the remaining broth and butter until creamy. Stir in parsley. Serve immediately. Makes 4 entrées or 8 side dishes.
- For an even more decadent risotto, add cooked and crumbled bacon to the risotto.
- When pumpkins are in season, roast fresh pumpkin in the oven to make homemade pumpkin puree.
Did you make this?
Turned out wonderfully!
I made this for dinner as we had all the ingredients on hand. My husband says it could be served in a restaurant. I did add 1tbs of bacon bits and 1/8tsp of hot pepper flakes when frying the rice. Also garnished with whole sage leaves sautéed in butter and bacon bits dried up. Will make this again!
Anne C. | October 29, 2018
Was this helpful?(0Thumbs Up) (0Thumbs Down)
By submitting, I agree to the terms and conditions.
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox
Stay inspired with easy and delicious
meal ideas wherever you are