Rainbow Chicken Simmer with Quinoa
Colourful vegetables, boneless chicken breast and quinoa get smothered in a delicious zesty roasted red pepper sauce in this quick and satisfying meal.
- Place quinoa, 2 cups (500 mL) of the water and half each of the salt and pepper, if using, in saucepan with tight-fitting lid and bring to boil. Reduce to simmer; cover and cook until liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Let stand, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with a pinch of the remaining salt and pepper, if using. Cook chicken 4 minutes per side until browned. Transfer to plate. Reduce the heat to medium.
- Add peppers, garlic, oregano and remaining salt and pepper, if using, to pan; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in soup, remaining ¼ cup (60 mL) water and vinegar. Stir in kale.
- Top vegetable mixture with chicken; simmer, covered, for 5 minutes until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender-crisp. Serve with quinoa.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh or dried parsley, if desired.
- Serve with any starchy side dish in place of the quinoa, such as mashed potatoes, couscous or faro.
- Replace the peppers with whatever sliced vegetables you have in the fridge, such as carrots, mushrooms or zucchini.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL'S® Condensed Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Soup
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox