Roasted Red Pepper Chicken
Products you'll need:
CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Low Fat Cream of Chicken SoupAn iconic Canadian classic and the perfect cooking ingredient for Simple To Make, Easy To Love meal solutions:
•Made with chicken broth, seasoned chicken and cream
•Low in fat
•Low in cholesterol
VIEW FULL PRODUCT INFORMATION (opens a new window)
- 1 lb (454 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Low Fat Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped roasted red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) apple juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) ketchup
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups (500 mL) hot cooked brown rice, cooked without salt
- Brown chicken well in large non-stick skillet at medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium.
- Stir in soup,red pepper,apple juice,ketchup,garlic and black pepper. Heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer until chicken is fully cooked – about 20 minutes.
- Add basil and stir well. Serve on rice and sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese.
- If fresh basil is not available,substitute 1 teaspoon (5 mL) of dried basil leaves,adding it with the black pepper.
- Look in your local cheese shop for a unique pasteurized cheese variety and switch it with the Mozzarella for a whole new flavour twist to this dish.
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox