Roasted Red Pepper Chicken
Products you'll need:
CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Low Fat Cream of Chicken SoupAn iconic Canadian classic and the perfect cooking ingredient for Simple To Make, Easy To Love meal solutions:
•Made with chicken broth, seasoned chicken and cream
•Low in fat
•Low in cholesterol
VIEW FULL PRODUCT INFORMATION (opens a new window)
- 1 lb (454 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Low Fat Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped roasted red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) apple juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) ketchup
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups (500 mL) hot cooked brown rice, cooked without salt
- Brown chicken well in large non-stick skillet at medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium.
- Stir in soup,red pepper,apple juice,ketchup,garlic and black pepper. Heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer until chicken is fully cooked – about 20 minutes.
- Add basil and stir well. Serve on rice and sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese.
- If fresh basil is not available,substitute 1 teaspoon (5 mL) of dried basil leaves,adding it with the black pepper.
- Look in your local cheese shop for a unique pasteurized cheese variety and switch it with the Mozzarella for a whole new flavour twist to this dish.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||2 g|
- Source of calcium
- Source of fiber
- Source of protein
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox