Root Vegetable Gratin
Shake things up at your next family feast with our Root Vegetable Gratin recipe. With layers of earthy vegetables cooked in a creamy Gruyère sauce with a golden brown topping, your family will love every bite!
- Preheat oven to 375° (190°C) Butter a 9-x13-inch (3 L) baking dish.
- Melt 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add breadcrumbs; cook, stirring often, until golden brown, about 57 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl and toss with ½ cup of the Gruyere and 2 tsp (10 mL) of the thyme leaves; season with a pinch of the salt and pepper and set aside.
- Bring cream, broth, remaining thyme, and remaining butter to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium heat; season with remaining salt and pepper. Remove from heat, cover, and let sit 10 minutes. Cover; keep warm.
- Toss vegetables in a large bowl. Arrange ⅓ of vegetables in dish and top with ½ cup (125 mL) of the Gruyere. Repeat layers; top with remaining vegetables. Pour cream mixture over; place a piece of parchment paper directly on top of gratin.
- Bake until vegetables are tender and cream is thickened, 60 minutes. Uncover, top with breadcrumb mixture, and bake until gratin is bubbling and breadcrumbs are brown, 30 minutes longer. Let sit 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S® 30% Less Sodium Ready to Use Chicken Broth
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox