Rosemary Chicken & Roasted Vegetables
Products you'll need:
- 3 lb (1.36 kg) whole broiler fryer chicken
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter or margarine, melted
- 4 medium red potatoes, cut into 1” cubes
- 2 cups (500 mL) baby carrots, halved diagonally
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 1” (2.5 cm) chunks
- 12 small white pearl onions, peeled
- 1 cup (250 mL) CAMPBELL’S® 30% Less Sodium Ready to Use Chicken Broth
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) orange juice
- 1 1/2 tsp (8 mL) chopped, fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Brush chicken with butter. Place chicken and vegetables in roasting pan. Mix broth, orange juice, rosemary and garlic and pour half of broth mixture over all.
- Roast at 375°F (190°C) for 1 hour. Baste occasionally with broth/juice mixture.
- Stir vegetables. Add remaining broth mixture to pan.
- Roast for further 30 minutes or until chicken is done (internal thigh temperature reaches 165°F/74°C) and vegetables are tender. Place chicken and vegetables onto serving platter. Skim fat drippings from liquid in pan and serve broth mixture with chicken and vegetables.
To quickly peel pearl onions, pour boiling water over onions and let stand 5 minutes. Then slip off skins.
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Dietary Fibre||5 g|
- Three servings of vegetables
- Source of fibre
- Excellent source of protein
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox