Sage and Dijon Mashed Celery Root
A unique alternative to mashed potatoes, but just as easy. Simple and creamy, with a hint of Dijon, this vegetarian celery root mash recipe is the perfect side-dish. It’s satisfying, rich, hearty, cheesy and it takes just 15 minutes to prep and 20 minutes to cook!
Sage and Dijon Mashed Celery Root Ingredients
How to Make Sage and Dijon Mashed Celery Root
- Peel and chop the celery root into about 1-inch cubes. Place the celery root, diced onions, garlic, and dried sage leaves, into a medium saucepan or small pot, with the CAMPBELLS vegetable broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 20 minutes, until the chopped celery root is tender.
- Strain out liquid from pot, reserving 1 cup of boiling broth for later use in cream sauce. Mash celery root in the pot until no large chunks are left. Add the lemon juice.
- In a small saucepan whisk together butter and flour constantly for 1 minute over medium heat until bubbly. Add 1 cup of the reserved boiling broth and stir constantly until the sauce thickens, about 1 minute. Once the mixture has thickened reduce the heat to low and add cream cheese, stirring until melted. Turn off the heat, stir in Dijon mustard.
- Pour the cream sauce into the celery mash, add the fresh parsley and stir until combined.
- For a smoother mash, toss the celery root and sauce together a blender or food processor and puree for a minute.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL'S® No Salt Added Ready to Use Vegetable Broth
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox