Santa Fe Shepherd’s Pie
Products you'll need:
CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Low Fat Cream of Mushroom SoupAn iconic Canadian classic and the perfect cooking ingredient for Simple To Make, Easy To Love meal solutions:
•A delicious blend of fresh mushrooms and real cream make it delicious
•Low in fat
•Rich in Vitamin D
VIEW FULL PRODUCT INFORMATION (opens a new window)
- 1 lb (454 g) lean ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Low Fat Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chili powder
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground black pepper
- 1 can corn, whole kernel, drained
- 1 cup (250 mL) each, chopped green and red bell peppers
- 3 cups (750 mL) mashed, freshly cooked potatoes
- Brown beef well at medium-high heat in large skillet,stirring often and adding garlic for last 2 minutes of cook time. Drain excess fat.
- Combine beef,1/2 can soup,chili powder,cilantro,black pepper,corn and red and green peppers in 2 qt (2L) shallow baking dish.
- Stir remaining soup into potatoes. Spoon potato mixture over beef mixture.
- Bake at 400°F (200°C),uncovered,until vegetables are tender – about 20 minutes.
For added colour and richness of flavour,sprinkle the dish with 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded Tex Mex cheese after baking and broil until cheese is golden – about 3 minutes.
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox