Santa Fe Shepherd’s Pie
Products you'll need:
CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Low Fat Cream of Mushroom SoupAn iconic Canadian classic and the perfect cooking ingredient for Simple To Make, Easy To Love meal solutions:
•A delicious blend of fresh mushrooms and real cream make it delicious
•Low in fat
•Rich in Vitamin D
VIEW FULL PRODUCT INFORMATION (opens a new window)
- 1 lb (454 g) lean ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Low Fat Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chili powder
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground black pepper
- 1 can corn, whole kernel, drained
- 1 cup (250 mL) each, chopped green and red bell peppers
- 3 cups (750 mL) mashed, freshly cooked potatoes
- Brown beef well at medium-high heat in large skillet,stirring often and adding garlic for last 2 minutes of cook time. Drain excess fat.
- Combine beef,1/2 can soup,chili powder,cilantro,black pepper,corn and red and green peppers in 2 qt (2L) shallow baking dish.
- Stir remaining soup into potatoes. Spoon potato mixture over beef mixture.
- Bake at 400°F (200°C),uncovered,until vegetables are tender – about 20 minutes.
For added colour and richness of flavour,sprinkle the dish with 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded Tex Mex cheese after baking and broil until cheese is golden – about 3 minutes.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||4 g|
- Two servings of vegetables
- Source of fiber
- Excellent source of protein
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox