Saucy Skillet Jambalaya Rice
You will love how simple this hearty dish comes together! Packed with tons of flavour your tastebuds will be raving - perfect for a weekday or weeknight dinner!
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil over medium-high heat in large, cast-iron skillet. Sauté chicken until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Set aside in a bowl.
- Add another tbsp of oil to skillet and sauté the onions, green pepper, and celery for 3 minutes, then add the garlic, jalapeno, cumin, and cayenne (if using) and cook one minute more.
- Stir in the rice and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the Rich & Thick Stock and diced tomatoes mix well to combine, add the chorizo and chicken, along with any juices, stir and bring to a boil.
- Place the shrimp on top and cover with a tight-fitting lid, lower heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes until liquid is absorbed and rice is cooked. Serve with fresh squeezed limes and chopped cilantro.
- Adjust the spiciness to your liking, skip the jalapeno and cayenne, or add more if you like it spicy! You can even add a bit of hot sauce, red pepper flakes, or cajun sauce to make it even more spicy!
- Stay creative by adding andouille sausages or chicken to your rice! Using rice alternatives such as cauliflower rice may also be used - add salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe Made With
Campbell’s® Herbed Chicken & Spices Rich & Thick Stock (500 mL)
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox