Stone Soup (Vegetable Barley Soup)
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium high heat. Cook onions, carrots and celery just until tender. Add garlic and cook one minute more.
- Stir in broth, parsley, thyme, bay leaves, barley, tomatoes, and potatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to maintain a simmer, cover and cook until barley and potatoes are tender, about 15 20 minutes.
- Add zucchini and green beans and cook 5 minutes more.
- Serve in bowls with a spoonful of pesto, a drizzle of olive oil and grated Parmesan.
- For extra convenience, omit the potatoes, green beans and zucchini and replace them with frozen mixed vegetables.
- Replace bay leaves, thyme and parsley with a simple bouquet garni. Arrange 2 sprigs each of flat leaf parlsey, thyme and rosemary with one fresh or dried bay leaf in cheesecloth and tie with kitchen twine. Remove the pouch before serving.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S® Ready to Use Vegetable Broth
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox