Stuffed Parmesan Chicken
This delicious stuffed chicken dish tastes good enough for company, but is easy enough for a weeknight. Asparagus is a lovely springtime vegetable that you can often find year-round, but you can swap other veggies in as the seasons change (see tip).
- Make slit in one long side of each chicken breast almost all the way through. (Do not cut through to opposite side.) Open like book. Top one side of each with 2 spears of the asparagus and shredded cheese; fold chicken closed to cover.
- Arrange chicken in lightly greased 2 qt. (2 L) casserole dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, if using. Combine soup, milk and garlic powder; pour over chicken. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake at 425°F (225°C) 25 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Meanwhile, cook remaining asparagus in skillet with ½ cup (125 mL) water on medium-high heat 3 minutes until tender-crisp; drain. Serve asparagus with chicken and sauce.
- For a change of pace, replace the asparagus stuffed inside the chicken with ¾ cup (185 mL) small broccoli florets, cauliflower florets or sliced zucchini; and Swiss cheese with Cheddar or your favourite cheese. Serve with additional steamed vegetables or a small salad.
- Serve this family favourite dish with prepared stuffing mix, cooked egg noodles, mashed potatoes or your favourite cooked grain side dish.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL'S® Condensed Cream of Bacon Soup
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox