Sweet and Spicy Cucumber Salad
This Thai-inspired Sweet and Spicy Cucumber Salad is a favourite summer salad! The combination of sweet and spicy makes it refreshing, flavourful, crispy, and delicious.
Sweet and Spicy Cucumber Salad Ingredients
How to make Sweet and Spicy Cucumber Salad
- In a saucepan, cook the Thai green curry paste over medium heat just until fragrant, about 1 minute. Whisk in vegetable broth until well blended and reduced by half, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the stems of the cilantro to measure 1 tbsp and add to broth while its reducing. Set the remaining leaves aside.
- Whisk the rice vinegar and honey into the reduced broth mixture and let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, toss cucumbers and tomatoes with the salad dressing until well coated.
- Transfer to a platter and top with cilantro leaves and peanuts, and lime and sesame seeds if desired.
- To amp up the spice, consider adding chilli paste, or pepper flakes. Lime, sesame seeds, garlic and ginger.
- Experiment with adding other veggies, like carrots, bean sprouts, and even pineapple for added sweetness
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S® Ready to Use Vegetable Broth
This Product Can Be Substituted With
Campbell’s® Concentrated Vegetable Broth
Simply add less water for more flavour. 1/4 cup Concentrated broth + 3/4 cup water = 1 cup reconstituted brothProduct Information
Did you make this?
By submitting, I agree to the terms and conditions.
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox
Stay inspired with easy and delicious
meal ideas wherever you are