Sweet and Spicy Cucumber Salad
This Thai-inspired Sweet and Spicy Cucumber Salad is a favourite summer salad! The combination of sweet and spicy makes it refreshing, flavourful, crispy, and delicious.
Sweet and Spicy Cucumber Salad Ingredients
How to make Sweet and Spicy Cucumber Salad
- In a saucepan, cook the Thai green curry paste over medium heat just until fragrant, about 1 minute. Whisk in vegetable broth until well blended and reduced by half, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the stems of the cilantro to measure 1 tbsp and add to broth while its reducing. Set the remaining leaves aside.
- Whisk the rice vinegar and honey into the reduced broth mixture and let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, toss cucumbers and tomatoes with the salad dressing until well coated.
- Transfer to a platter and top with cilantro leaves and peanuts, and lime and sesame seeds if desired.
- To amp up the spice, consider adding chilli paste, or pepper flakes. Lime, sesame seeds, garlic and ginger.
- Experiment with adding other veggies, like carrots, bean sprouts, and even pineapple for added sweetness
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S® Ready to Use Vegetable Broth
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox