Tomato Basil & Oregano Pizza Dough
Adding soup to the dough will make it so yummy that no one will leave this crust behind or be looking for high-fat dipping sauces.
- Whisk together yeast,sugar and 1 tbsp (15 mL) of room temperature water; let stand for about 5 minutes or until foaming. Combine yeast with soup; set aside.
- Whisk 2 ¾ cups (675 mL) of the flour with Parmesan and salt; sprinkle into yeast and soup mixture. Turn out onto well-floured work surface; knead for 6 to 8 minutes,adding up to ¼ cup (60 mL) more flour if necessary to make dough that is sticky to touch but pulls away from surface easily.
- Grease large bowl with half of the oil. Transfer dough to bowl and brush top with remaining oil. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and store in a warm place for about 1 hour or until doubled in bulk. Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface and knead 3 or 4 times before using.
- To prepare pizza: Roll out dough onto lightly floured surface to fit 14-inch (35 cm) greased round pizza pan. Top with pizza sauce,shredded mozzarella cheese,pepperoni,peppers and mushrooms for a deluxe pizza,or use any of your favourite pizza toppings. Bake in 450°F (230°C) oven,on the lowest rack,for 12 to 15 minutes or until bottom is golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Bake as a flatbread: Roll out dough as per pizza. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and herbs. Bake as directed for pizza.
Did you make this?
By submitting, I agree to the terms and conditions.
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox
Stay inspired with easy and delicious
meal ideas wherever you are