Tomato Basil & Oregano Pizza Dough
Adding soup to the dough will make it so yummy that no one will leave this crust behind or be looking for high-fat dipping sauces.
- Whisk together yeast,sugar and 1 tbsp (15 mL) of room temperature water; let stand for about 5 minutes or until foaming. Combine yeast with soup; set aside.
- Whisk 2 ¾ cups (675 mL) of the flour with Parmesan and salt; sprinkle into yeast and soup mixture. Turn out onto well-floured work surface; knead for 6 to 8 minutes,adding up to ¼ cup (60 mL) more flour if necessary to make dough that is sticky to touch but pulls away from surface easily.
- Grease large bowl with half of the oil. Transfer dough to bowl and brush top with remaining oil. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and store in a warm place for about 1 hour or until doubled in bulk. Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface and knead 3 or 4 times before using.
- To prepare pizza: Roll out dough onto lightly floured surface to fit 14-inch (35 cm) greased round pizza pan. Top with pizza sauce,shredded mozzarella cheese,pepperoni,peppers and mushrooms for a deluxe pizza,or use any of your favourite pizza toppings. Bake in 450°F (230°C) oven,on the lowest rack,for 12 to 15 minutes or until bottom is golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Bake as a flatbread: Roll out dough as per pizza. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and herbs. Bake as directed for pizza.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Tomato with Basil and Oregano Soup
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox