Turkey and Seven Grain Soup
Products you'll need:
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) onions, diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) carrots, diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) celery, diced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried sage
- 1 cup (250 mL) 7 grain medley rice
- 1 lb (454 g) cooked turkey, diced
- 2 cartons CAMPBELL’S® 30% Less Sodium Ready to Use Chicken Broth
- Heat olive oil in large pot to medium-high heat. Add the onions, carrots and celery to pot and cook until tender.
- Add the Italian seasoning, sage, rice blend and turkey. Stir and cook for a minute.
- Add broth and bring to a boil then turn down and simmer for 30-40 minutes to medium-low heat.
If using a fresh turkey breast as opposed to leftover turkey then season the breast with 1 tbsp of Italian seasoning, cook until browned on each side, remove and place on cutting board to rest and then dice into cubes and follow recipe. Simmer for 45 min.
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||2 g|
- Source of fibre
- Excellent source of protein
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox