Turkey Tortilla Soup
This is a simple use for your leftover turkey and incorporates all the flavour of your favourite burrito.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C)
- Stack tortillas on a cutting board, and cut into 1/4-inch strips. Place strips in a bowl, lightly coat with 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil, tossing to coat.
- Arrange strips in an even layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes; stir. Bake an additional 5 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp. Cool on pan.
- In a large saucepan, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery and carrot and cook until tender and golden, about 6 minutes. Stir in jalapeno and ancho chilli powder; cook 1 minute. Stir in broth, scraping any brown bits from the bottom of the pan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Stir in turkey and corn; cover and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in lime juice and half of the cilantro.
- Ladle soup into 4 bowls. Top each serving with salsa, sour cream, remaining cilantro and tortilla strips. Serve immediately.
- Substitute the home-made tortilla strips with broken tortilla chips or packages tortilla strips
- For added heat, serve with your favourite hot sauce
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S® 30% Less Sodium Ready to Use Chicken Broth
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox