Warm French Onion Dip
Products you'll need:
CAMPBELL’S® 30% Less Sodium Ready to Use Beef BrothYou select your ingredients with care. Select your broth the same way.
- Prepared in Canada using only All Natural Flavours
- Seasoned to perfection with a blend of spices for a rich, authentic beef flavor
- 30% less sodium than our regular Ready To Use variety
- Campbell’s® - #1 selling broth in Canada!
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) unsalted butter
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp (3 mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dry hot mustard powder
- 1 cup (250 mL) CAMPBELL’S® 30% Less Sodium Ready to Use Beef Broth
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sherry or red wine (optional)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sour cream
- 1 cup (250 mL) Gruyere or Swiss cheese, shredded, divided
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh parsley or chives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Lightly oil a 2 qt (1.9 L) baking dish or coat with nonstick spray.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onions, garlic and thyme; season with salt and hot mustard powder. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are very soft and caramelized, about 25 minutes.
- Stir in beef broth and red wine or sherry, if using. Bring to a simmer; remove from heat and stir in cream cheese, sour cream and half of the Gruyere or Swiss.
- Spread mixture into the prepared baking dish; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Gruyere. Place into oven and bake until bubbly and golden, about 10-12 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley or chives and serve immediately with sliced toasted baguette.
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||1 g|
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox