Warm French Onion Dip
This creamy and rich dip is a hit at any party. Fresh onions cook down to give this dip the sweetest flavour, far superior to any powdered soup mix.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Lightly oil a 2 qt (1.9 L) baking dish or coat with nonstick spray.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onions, garlic and thyme; season with salt and hot mustard powder. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are very soft and caramelized, about 25 minutes.
- Stir in beef broth and red wine or sherry, if using. Bring to a simmer; remove from heat and stir in cream cheese, sour cream and half of the Gruyere or Swiss.
- Spread mixture into the prepared baking dish; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Gruyere. Place into oven and bake until bubbly and golden, about 10-12 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley or chives and serve immediately with sliced toasted baguette.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S® 30% Less Sodium Ready to Use Beef Broth
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox