Warm French Onion Dip
This creamy and rich dip is a hit at any party. Fresh onions cook down to give this dip the sweetest flavour, far superior to any powdered soup mix.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Lightly oil a 2 qt (1.9 L) baking dish or coat with nonstick spray.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onions, garlic and thyme; season with salt and hot mustard powder. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are very soft and caramelized, about 25 minutes.
- Stir in beef broth and red wine or sherry, if using. Bring to a simmer; remove from heat and stir in cream cheese, sour cream and half of the Gruyere or Swiss.
- Spread mixture into the prepared baking dish; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Gruyere. Place into oven and bake until bubbly and golden, about 10-12 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley or chives and serve immediately with sliced toasted baguette.
Did you make this?
By submitting, I agree to the terms and conditions.
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox
Stay inspired with easy and delicious
meal ideas wherever you are