Zucchini Ribbons, Millet, and Pine Nuts with Herb Dressing
Products you'll need:
CAMPBELL’S® Ready to Use Vegetable BrothYou select your ingredients with care. Select your broth the same way.
•No artificial colours or flavours
•Prepared in Canada
•Seasoned to perfection for a rich, authentic vegetable flavor
•Campbell’s® - #1 selling broth in Canada!
VIEW FULL PRODUCT INFORMATION (opens a new window)
- 1 cup (250 mL) millet
- 2 cups (500 mL) CAMPBELL’S® Ready to Use Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pine nuts, toasted
- 5 medium zucchini
- 2 tsp (10 mL) sea salt
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- Lemon juice, 2 lemons
- 2 tsp (10 mL) fresh tarragon leaves, minced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chervil, minced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) flat leaf fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chives, minced
- Pinch of pepper
- 2 tsp (10 mL) shallot, minced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) shaved parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Spread 1 cup of millet on a baking sheet and toast for 5 minutes. Bring 2 cups of Campbell’s broth to a boil in a medium pot with a tight fitting lid. Add toasted millet; cover,reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until all the water is absorbed,about 20 minutes. Rinse in a fine colander and set aside to cool.
- In the warm oven,toast pine nuts for 5 minutes or until golden brown and crackling a bit as they are removed from the oven. Set aside to cool.
- Shave the zucchini into long wide ribbons using a vegetable peeler or mandoline. Discard the core. Place ribbons into a colander,sprinkle with salt,and let drain while the millet cooks. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Whisk together the olive oil,lemon juice,minced herbs,and pepper in a serving bowl. Fold in prepared millet. Add the zucchini,shallot,and pine nuts. Toss to combine. Sprinkle with shaved parmesan. Serve immediately.
- - Pairs well with grilled fish.
- - Dressing can be made in a blender or food processor by combining olive oil,lemon juice,minced herbs,and pepper and pulsing or blending until completely immersed.
- - For the zucchini,if you do not have access to a mandoline (hand slicer),trim the base of the zucchini and shave lengthwise with a vegetable peeler,turning the zucchini at intervals to help maintain stability and shape.
- - Grain Substitution: Salad can be easily replicated with a delicate Grain like quinoa or pasta like pearl couscous or orzo.
- PLANNING TO COOK GLUTEN-FREE? Before preparing a recipe always read product labels to ensure each ingredient is gluten-free. Products and ingredients can change.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||3 g|
- One serving of vegetables
- Source of fiber
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox