Zucchini Ribbons, Millet, and Pine Nuts with Herb Dressing
Products you'll need:
CAMPBELL’S® Ready to Use Vegetable BrothYou select your ingredients with care. Select your broth the same way.
•No artificial colours or flavours
•Prepared in Canada
•Seasoned to perfection for a rich, authentic vegetable flavor
•Campbell’s® - #1 selling broth in Canada!
VIEW FULL PRODUCT INFORMATION (opens a new window)
- 1 cup (250 mL) millet
- 2 cups (500 mL) CAMPBELL’S® Ready to Use Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pine nuts, toasted
- 5 medium zucchini
- 2 tsp (10 mL) sea salt
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- Lemon juice, 2 lemons
- 2 tsp (10 mL) fresh tarragon leaves, minced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chervil, minced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) flat leaf fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chives, minced
- Pinch of pepper
- 2 tsp (10 mL) shallot, minced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) shaved parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Spread 1 cup of millet on a baking sheet and toast for 5 minutes. Bring 2 cups of Campbell’s broth to a boil in a medium pot with a tight fitting lid. Add toasted millet; cover,reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until all the water is absorbed,about 20 minutes. Rinse in a fine colander and set aside to cool.
- In the warm oven,toast pine nuts for 5 minutes or until golden brown and crackling a bit as they are removed from the oven. Set aside to cool.
- Shave the zucchini into long wide ribbons using a vegetable peeler or mandoline. Discard the core. Place ribbons into a colander,sprinkle with salt,and let drain while the millet cooks. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Whisk together the olive oil,lemon juice,minced herbs,and pepper in a serving bowl. Fold in prepared millet. Add the zucchini,shallot,and pine nuts. Toss to combine. Sprinkle with shaved parmesan. Serve immediately.
- - Pairs well with grilled fish.
- - Dressing can be made in a blender or food processor by combining olive oil,lemon juice,minced herbs,and pepper and pulsing or blending until completely immersed.
- - For the zucchini,if you do not have access to a mandoline (hand slicer),trim the base of the zucchini and shave lengthwise with a vegetable peeler,turning the zucchini at intervals to help maintain stability and shape.
- - Grain Substitution: Salad can be easily replicated with a delicate Grain like quinoa or pasta like pearl couscous or orzo.
- PLANNING TO COOK GLUTEN-FREE? Before preparing a recipe always read product labels to ensure each ingredient is gluten-free. Products and ingredients can change.
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox