Creamy Chicken and Spinach Penne with Sundried Tomatoes
Move over mac & cheese, theres a new creamy pasta on the scene! This hearty and flavourful weeknight or weekend dinner comes together quickly thanks to CAMPBELL'S® Rich & Thick Stock. The perfect comfort food!
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, cook pasta according to package directions. Strain and return to pot, cover.
- Season chicken with salt and black pepper. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat, sauté chicken on both sides until golden brown and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Set aside in pot with pasta. Stir in spinach, cover to keep warm.
- Heat remaining oil and sauté the onions for 3 minutes until translucent. Add the garlic and thyme, cook another minute then stir in the CAMPBELL'S® Herbed Chicken & Spices Rich & Thick Stock. Stir in the sundried tomatoes and cream cheese, until well combined. Bring to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta and mix well. Stir in the parmesan cheese and garnish with fresh chopped basil.
- Try experimenting using different vegetables and even different cheese in this recipe! You may like blue cheese and fresh tomatoes or red pepper for a different spin on this recipe, using the CAMPBELL'S® Rich & Thick Stock as your base you can try different combinations easily!
- Add chili flakes to make the dish spicier as needed. You can also try using olive oil to reduce the canola oil used.
- Heavy cream can also be added to the dish to make the sauce thicker and creamier.
- Wheat pasta can also be used as an alternative.
- You can turn this dish into a Tuscan Chicken dish by adding herbs such as basil, rosemary, parsley, thyme, and marjoram.
Recipe Made With
Campbell’s® Herbed Chicken & Spices Rich & Thick Stock (500 mL)
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox