French Onion Soup
- In a large stock pot, melt the butter on medium heat. Add the sliced onions and bay leaves and sauté until the onions are golden brown.
- Add the thyme and flour and continue to sauté for 3 minutes. Add the red wine and balsamic vinegar and cook for 2 more minutes or until the wine evaporates.
- Add the beef broth and black pepper and continue to cook for 15 minutes.
- Portion the soup into 6 oven proof bowl. Place two slices of the toasted baguette slices on top, cover with Gruyere cheese and parmesan cheese.
- Broil in the oven until the cheese bubbles and turns golden brown.
- Caramelized onions are the best option for this soup recipe.
- When serving, feel free to also prepare a side like garlic bread or cheesy toast.
Recipe Made With
CAMPBELL’S® Ready to Use Beef Broth
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox