Lemony Chicken Fettuccine Rose
Products you'll need:
- 2 tsp (10 mL) canola oil
- 1 1/2 lb (681 g) (680 g) boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) tomato paste
- 1 can (284 mL) CAMPBELL'S® Condensed No Salt Added Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely fresh oregano (or ½ tsp/2 mL) dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp (3 mL) lemon zest
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground pepper (optional)
- 1 lb (454 g) fettuccine pasta
- 6 cups (1.5 L) fresh baby spinach
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet set over medium-high to high heat. Cook chicken, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Add garlic; cook, stirring for 1 minute. Reduce the heat to medium.
- Add tomato paste to pan; cook, stirring often for 2 minutes. Add soup, oregano, lemon zest and juice, soy sauce and pepper (optional); bring to a simmer, stirring often. Simmer, stirring often, for 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in unsalted water, according to package directions, adding spinach to pot in last minute of cooking. Drain, reserving 1 cup (250 mL) of the cooking liquid. Return pasta mixture to pan. Add soup mixture to hot pasta mixture. Stir in enough of the cooking liquid for sauce to evenly coat pasta.
- Using a no-salt added soup helps control the sodium in your recipe. Season the sauce with a pinch of salt and top with a little grated Parmesan cheese, if you like.
- Want other veggies? Replace the spinach (or add to it) by adding 2 cups of whatever vegetables you like, such as cubed peppers, asparagus pieces, sliced carrots or frozen mixed vegetables, to the pasta water in the last 2 minutes of cooking.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||4 g|
- One serving of vegetables
- Source of calcium
- Good Source of fiber
- Source of protein
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox