Roast Beef with Red Wine Gravy
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Heat a large pan over high heat until hot. Season roast with salt and pepper and sprinkle with flour. Add oil to the pan. When it's almost smoking,add roast and sear it on each side. Take roast out of pan and place on a plate.
- Add a splash of oil to the pan,then add onions. Sauté the onion until soft and then add garlic. Continue to sauté until garlic softens and then add thyme,bay leaves,wine,and Campbell's 25% Less Sodium Beef Broth. Stir well and let the liquid come to a boil.
- Put the roast into a large roasting pan,then add the mushrooms. Pour in wine/broth liquid. Cover and put in the oven and let braise slowly for 2-3 hours. Turn the meat periodically so it stays very moist.
- Add the carrots and potatoes during the last 30 minutes of cooking. When they are done,transfer roast to a platter. Tent with foil and let rest. Remove mushrooms,carrots,and potatoes from liquid and cover.
- GRAVY: Strain sauce into a pot and bring to a boil. Add 1-2 tbsp of corn starch (or flour) to thicken the gravy until desired consistency is reached. Add mushrooms into gravy.
- Slice meat and serve!
You can substitute any type of beef roast,just double check the cooking times. Season to taste.
Did you make this?
By submitting, I agree to the terms and conditions.
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox
Stay inspired with easy and delicious
meal ideas wherever you are